Successful Career of 41 years (1981 – 2020)
I started my career in 1981 in St. Xavier’s Social Service Society as Office Superintendent doing Administration, Accounts and Coordination work interacting with the Field Workers and the slum dwellers. I worked in this society for nearly 8 years.
I joined CMC Limited (A Government of India Enterprise) as Office Assistant. I learnt a lot in this company. This company became A TATA Enterprise (a subsidiary to TCS). I worked in this company for 26 years. I was a Center Head for Training Centers engaged in Career Development & Recruitment Program with Job Guarantee to the Engineers.
I joined a private organization based at Pune. This Pune company was also fully engaged in Career Development Program with Job Guarantee to the Engineers (IT, Electronics, Mechanical, Electrical & Civil). Here I was able to practice whatever I learned in the previous company with TATA Quality, and achieved a great success and growth as Assistant Director. I was able to start another branch of this company as an expansion. I worked in this organization for nearly 5 years.
I joined as CEO in a Private IT Corporate (Gujarat Infotech Limited) operating with 3 other limited companies and also a Charitable Trust. I worked in this company for 2 years.
Traditional Marketing or Business Development
During my 26 years of remarkable and memorable career in CMC Limited (A Government of India Enterprise, A TATA Enterprise & a subsidiary to TCS), I was mostly engaged in the Administration and other Support Functional activities from 1988 to 2000 (i.e. 12 years). During this period, I completed my Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration. However, I was getting bored of doing the same Administration and other routine activities for 12 years. I needed a change. I attended a national seminar organized by my company at Hyderabad.
I met the Consultant who gave us the seminar and told him about my experience of performing the same routine activities with slow growth. I asked him, “please tell me which function can really help me do more interesting, challenging, result oriented, rewarding and with fast growing experience”. He very clearly and confidently told me, “get into Marketing, you can enjoy the work and you can grow fast”.
I got into Marketing and Project Management with the help of my Branch Head of this organization, who was very kind and understanding. I was handling the Education & Training Strategic Business Unit. This Strategic Business Unit gave me an opportunity in practicing the Traditional Marketing/Business Development. After this change-over, I could grow as Center Head, Regional Head, Assistant Director and finally as CEO during this period of 2007 to 2020 (i.e. in the last 14 years of my career).
I read Content about TATA Company
I cannot forget my long memorable association and experience with a TATA Enterprise. Any content or information about TATA Company attracts me more even today.
After a long, Growth Oriented and Successful Career, I strongly felt the need of learning Digital Marketing also. I came across a Content about TATA Company. In this Content, Training on digital marketing basics was mentioned as free. I clicked on this and it took me to Digital Deepak website.
What is this Free Course About?
Hi! My name is Deepak Kanakaraju and I have 10+ years of experience in digital marketing. I have created this free digital marketing course so that you can learn digital marketing basics for free!
Here’s what you are going to get from this course:
- 25 Free Lessons delivered to your inbox
- Guidance for Your Digital Marketing Career
- Free Access to Learn Digital Marketing forum
You will also be able to download all the lessons and they are completely free!
I went through some frank feedback like this about the course.
Digital Deepak – Training & Webinar
I registered myself and I attended few Webinars organised by Digital Deepak. I got more information, clarity and confirmation about this free training. This was really genuine initiative with sincere efforts. I took a decision and went ahead. They shared the lessons one by one through email. I took keen interest in learning the lessons online. I found this effective.
My first hands-on with Word Press
I registered a Domain Name with GoDaddy and also registered Web Hosting with Host Gator. After this I wanted to create a Website. I, being purely a Non-Technical person, I had the hands-on experience for the first time with Word Press to build my own website. Since I didn’t take any internship or any practical experience, I had to go through a lot of difficulties. I had to take help from Word Press support team to install Word Press software. I was able to build my first Blog which was “Benefits of Word Press”. I tried to implement whatever I learned in the Basic Course. This Blog remained in my website for 1 year as I was busy with other work schedule.
Now I was so determined to go ahead further. I tried to use almost all the features provided by Word Press. This is my first Blog that is being published.
I did so much of Google Search with video option to get so many other features of the website. They were really very helpful for my understanding and implementation.
Credit goes to Google and Word Press. I am only a beginner.
Digital Marketing : Advantages & Disadvantages
Advantages of Digital Marketing
The main advantage of digital marketing is that a targeted audience can be reached in a cost-effective and measurable way. Other advantages include increasing brand loyalty and driving online sales.
The benefits of digital marketing include:
- Global reach – a website allows you to find new markets and trade globally with some investment.
- Low cost – a properly planned and well targeted digital marketing campaign can reach the right customers at a much lower cost than traditional marketing methods.
- Trackable & measurable results – measuring your online marketing with web analytics and other online metric tools makes it easier to establish your campaign. You can obtain detailed information about how customers use your website or respond to your advertising.
- Personalisation – if your customer database is linked to your website, then whenever someone visits the site, you can greet them and make any targeted offers. The more they buy from you, the more you can refine your customer profile.
- Openness – by getting involved with social media and managing it carefully, you can build customer loyalty and create a reputation. This becomes easy to engage them.
- Social currency with high flow – digital marketing lets you create engaging campaigns using content marketing formula & tactics. This content (images, videos, articles) can gain social currency – being passed from user to user and becoming viral and attractive.
- Improved conversion rates – if you have a website, then your customers are only ever a few clicks away from making a purchase. Unlike other media, digital marketing can be very effective and immediate decision making.
All of these aspects of digital marketing have the potential to increase sales.
Disadvantages of Digital Marketing
Some of the downsides and challenges of digital marketing you should be aware of include:
- Skills and training – You will need to ensure that your staff have the right knowledge and expertise to carry out digital marketing with success. Tools, platforms and trends change rapidly and it’s vital that you keep up-to-date.
- Time consuming – tasks such as optimizing online advertising campaigns and creating marketing content can take up a lot of time. It’s important to measure your results to ensure a return-on-investment.
- High competition – while you can reach a global audience with digital marketing, you are also up against global competition. It can be a challenge to stand out against competitors and to grab attention among the many messages aimed at consumers online.
- Complaints and feedback – any negative feedback or criticism of your brand is can be visible to your audience through social media and review websites. Carrying out effective customer service online can be challenging. Negative comments or failure to respond effectively can damage your brand reputation.
- Security and privacy issues – there are a number of legal considerations around collecting and using customer data for digital marketing purposes. Take care to comply with the rules regarding privacy and data protection.
Online Job Opportunity from Western Country
I recently left my own country, and I have been trying to settle down in another Country, a part of Central America. I was trying all my best in applying for any online job or to any other job to work from home. Though I have a very good experience and exposure, a very strong CV with knowledge and required skills, I was not able to get any job. Because, I am not eligible to take up any job as a Tourist currently and also because of the existing policy and practical process of the country. However, my knowledge, interest, skills, experience and exposure encouraged me to work on my own Blog with necessary Content Marketing, and on my Website. Thanks to Digital Marketing and Digital Deepak.
Content Marketing – Sanjay Shenoy from PIXEL TRACK
I just completed learning Content Marketing at this young age of 62 years, which has given me more knowledge, information, techniques, Do’s & Don’ts, about Social Media & Multimedia, and how to make Content Marketing as an Asset and how to increase the traffic alongwith repurposing the content, etc.
Finally, as we can conclude :
* I worked in a Charitable Trust, Government of India Enterprise, A TATA Enterprise, a fully private Corporate of Career Development & Recruitment organisation and a private IT Corporate.
* I acquired, practised and experienced knowledge, skills and capabilities in the areas of Administration, Marketing, Management, Planning, Execution and Direction.
* I under-went more training on Import and Export, Cyber Security & Digital Marketing at the age of 61 years. Digital Marketing really attracted and influenced me as I already have Traditional Marketing practical experience.
* I tried for some jobs after shifting to a part of Central America. I could not get any breakthrough for reasons because of I was a visitor, not a Permanent Resident (PR) in this country. Because of my age factor and also because of the last position I held in my career, i.e. a CEO of the organization. I could not sit idle wasting my precious time and energy.
* I have a great pleasure in sharing my Learning, Knowledge, Skills and Practical Experience to the youngsters, readers and my clients so that they also understand this, put them into practice so as to get Growth, great Result & Success in their career or in their business. I am ready to give my Consultancy Services, as listed in my page, to any deserving organizations. This will take me to the fullest Satisfaction and a feeling of Achievement & Success.
* These intentions encouraged me to write my own Blog Post and to Create & Develop my own Website using Word Press.
This is only my beginning and I am still ready to march ahead. I am very sure that your satisfaction and support will definitely encourage me to proceed further. I am only a beginner and still a long way to go on with this.
This has given me a very good feeling and experience that I am also fully into the latest technology of using multimedia, shifting from Traditional Marketing to the Digital Marketing. This has made me very young at this age of 62 years only.